Some days self doubt arrives quietly. Not as a storm, but as a fog. This poem was written on one of those days when I knew the feeling wasn't truth, yet still struggled to see clearly through it.
Today I am unclear.
Today I ask who I am, Why do I walk aimless?
I feel like grey. Leaning more to the shadows of today.
Feeling alone, scared that I am worthless.
That perhaps breathless
I may be worth more.
I know in the back of my mind, it is not fact.
But today it's like muddled voices beckon me.
My mind is me enough to know better.
I cannot hear or make out what the voices say.
Which I believe is a good thing.
Looking back, I can see this poem sits alongside many of my reflections on growth. Not because there are answers here, but because there is a willingness to keep asking the questions.
Today I was unclear. Tomorrow I may be too. But knowing better does not always mean feeling better. Sometimes it simply means recognizing that a difficult thought is not the same thing as the truth.
-Quietly, S.
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment