Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Kind of Tired that Doesn't Sleep Away

Author's note: A companion essay is available alongside this piece. They are intended to be read together. You can find it here: Why Do I Feel So Tired All the Time? (Even When I Rest)  


The Kind of Tired that Doesn't Sleep Away


Heavy, burned into my neck and shoulders
Heavy, warm against my heart.

I can sleep.
I can rest.
I can stop moving.
And still… it stays.

Just Heavy.

Air that my lungs cannot seem to catch.
Sands of sleep burying my soul, bringing no relief.

A tightness that doesn’t quite leave.
A heaviness that isn’t exactly pain.
A fog that makes everything feel slightly distant.


I am tired
Tired still in the silence.
In the indifference. 

The kind of tired I cannot sleep away...
Kind.
Be kind to that tired that doesn't sleep away.




No comments:

Post a Comment