I am not tired in the way sleep fixes. I am tired in the way that silence feels loud. In the way everything takes just a little more effort than it used to. Not the kind where you close your eyes and wake up lighter. Not the kind where a quiet night resets something. This is a different kind of tired.
It sits behind your heart and behind your eyes, heavy and constant. Somewhere dull and persistent, like a low hum you can’t turn off. A fatigue you can't just shake off or stretch out. Sometimes your body carries it before you even realize that you are carrying anything at all.
I can sleep.
I can rest.
I can stop moving.
And still… it stays.
I can sleep.
I can rest.
I can stop moving.
And still… it stays.
It is hard to explain this kind of exhaustion because to many people it has no reason to exist.
On the outside, nothing looks especially wrong. There is no injury to point to, no obvious event that explains why everything suddenly feels heavier than it should.
When I feel this way, everything inside my mind everything takes more effort.
Simple things feel overwhelming. Thoughts take longer to form. Even small decisions feel like they require something I don’t quite have.
It is not dramatic. It is quiet and because it is quiet, it is easy to dismiss.
So I tell myself: Maybe I just didn’t sleep well. Maybe I didn't drink enough water. Maybe I need to try harder. It becomes a loop of small explanations, each one trying to make something invisible feel manageable.
It takes some time for my brain to catch on. Sometimes, it is not about sleep. I have known this for years, and sometimes I forget to consider it when I am trying to understand why I am so tired.
Sometimes this kind of tired comes from carrying too much for too long.
We don't always carry our stress and worries in a way that is obvious. Sometimes we carry them in the tension that quietly settles in the body. In the thoughts that don’t fully stop, even in stillness. In emotions held rather than released.
Over time, it accumulates without us even realizing it, Maybe this is why we so easily overlook this as a practical reason for exhaustion. Our body begins to feel it, even when the mind tries not to. The strange part is how it blurs the line between physical and emotional.
A tightness that doesn’t quite leave.
A heaviness that isn’t exactly pain.
A fog that makes everything feel slightly distant.
For me, sometimes the line between physical and emotional exhaustion blurs. My body will feel sore and tense, sometimes limiting my range of motion, until I finally stop to look at what I have been pushing through. In those moments, I wonder how long my body was trying to get my attention before I was willing to listen.
We don't always carry our stress and worries in a way that is obvious. Sometimes we carry them in the tension that quietly settles in the body. In the thoughts that don’t fully stop, even in stillness. In emotions held rather than released.
Over time, it accumulates without us even realizing it, Maybe this is why we so easily overlook this as a practical reason for exhaustion. Our body begins to feel it, even when the mind tries not to. The strange part is how it blurs the line between physical and emotional.
A tightness that doesn’t quite leave.
A heaviness that isn’t exactly pain.
A fog that makes everything feel slightly distant.
For me, sometimes the line between physical and emotional exhaustion blurs. My body will feel sore and tense, sometimes limiting my range of motion, until I finally stop to look at what I have been pushing through. In those moments, I wonder how long my body was trying to get my attention before I was willing to listen.
Sometimes the body seems to know that something has been going on quietly for longer than we have been willing to admit.
The body is not always loud when it needs something. It doesn't necessarily force us to stop or make a scene. Sometimes it just slows everything down.
Maybe motivation disappears. Energy crashes for no obvious reason. Simple tasks or questions take longer to process. Even small decisions begin to feel strangely difficult.
I think this is more of a signal to us than a punishment our body is trying to enact. It is like a drawn out SOS from our mind and body. A request to stop pushing through long enough to listen. This kind of tired does not seem to respond to extra sleep or caffeine. Telling myself to keep going doesn't make it disappear.
Maybe motivation disappears. Energy crashes for no obvious reason. Simple tasks or questions take longer to process. Even small decisions begin to feel strangely difficult.
I think this is more of a signal to us than a punishment our body is trying to enact. It is like a drawn out SOS from our mind and body. A request to stop pushing through long enough to listen. This kind of tired does not seem to respond to extra sleep or caffeine. Telling myself to keep going doesn't make it disappear.
It is okay if you cannot name exactly what is exhausting you. Sometimes recognizing that something feels off is enough. We don't always have to understand what our bodies are saying before we decide to pay attention.
Maybe it is something to listen to.
until next time,
S.
Maybe it is something to listen to.
until next time,
S.


No comments:
Post a Comment